Tuesday

9...REALLY???


I sat here today, in the midst of chaos, and paused to look at my baby girl. Much to my dismay, her baby-ness is gone. I looked at Noah and tried to remember Kameron at that age. Her face, her smells, her sounds, have all but vanished, replaced instead with a young lady.

Gone are the days where I could entertain her by singing along with the Wiggles. Now singing along with the dreamy Jonas Brothers is "embarrassing MOM!” How I long for the days when she thought all boys smelled like poo.

I am preparing myself for the talks that will inevitably come. For the times when life gets hard, and the times when life gets really hard.

In the mean time, I am trying to remember the way things are now. In her eyes, John and I are still her heroes. We may not know everything, but we still know a lot. We are still her confidants. We are still the ones she runs to when she is learning, loving, laughing and even hurting.

My birthday wish for Kameron is one of love. I hope she always feels loved, even when life gets hard and especially when life gets really hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is all that matters. There will be times I'm sure that you don't like each other much & as you know that is ok. Kameron & you have a fantastic relationship & you have taught her well. Look at us. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I can not beleive she's 9. It seems like yesterday I was holding her hand in the mall taking her shopping at the Childrens Place, and being in complete aww of this little girl that looked up to me. Not that I'm not still in aww of her, Kameron, Eli, and Noah bring a smile to face when nothing else can. Kameron will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Carrie said...

I can't believe the little peanut is 9, it seems like I was running around the children's museum showing off her picture yesterday...Happy birthday Kam!!!